Pages

Friday, February 3, 2017

Marching for the World

In my class Equality, we went over the basics behind race, gender, and class, and all the ways in our world we aren't equal with these three subjects. We did have a guest speaker, Elizabeth Dozier, where we got to talk about issues in our city, Chicago. For our action project we had to make a history book chapter on a big event and show how to relates/effected race, gender, and class. The event I chose, was a very recent one, the Women's March, which happened on January 21st, 2017. This was a march for women's rights but turned into something much bigger. Something I liked about this project was that we got to choose any event, and really show how it connects with race, gender, and class, especially because it was so soon. Something I didn't like was that it had to be like a history book because the format of a text book is very hard to really copy, so I really had to play around with everything and make it look nice. Please enjoy reading my chapter in a history book for the Women's March!

No comments:

Post a Comment