Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Comedic Genius

In unit 2 of Journalism we learned about how to formulate a podcast, and make sure one can flow very smoothly. We did by following what Ira Glass had to say on making a good story, and doing it in a podcast form. For an FE, we went to Columbia College, to their Journalism Department, where they do TV and radio broadcasting for class. For the action project, we had to think of a famous person in the 20th century, and make a podcast about them. In this podcast we had to explain why they are famous, and we had to tell a story about them. The person I chose for this was Jim Carrey, for he is one of my favorite actors. He also has a side to him not many know about, and it is one that I really wanted to show in this podcast. Something challenging was getting the story together, and editing the podcast together. What I am proud of is that I got my message out, but in the podcast, I tried to do what Jim Carrey loves to do, which is getting people to smile. I did this by trying to add humor to the podcast. Thank you and I hope you enjoy listening!




WHEN

WHO/HOW

WHAT
00:00:00 to 00:13:47




00:13:48 to 01:02:52











01:02:53 to 01:07:07







01:27:81 to 01:32:30

01:32:31 to 01:50:30


01:51:47 to 01:53:64


01:53:65 to  03:36:55


















03:36:56 to 03:44:76


03:44:77 to 04: 15:92


04:15:93 to 04:22:42

04:22:43 to 04:29:03

04:29:04 to 04:40:43
                                



Jim Carrey voices fades







Background Music starts
(“Ambient Background” by Soundshrim)











My voice fades away






My voice fades




































Her voice faded



Song fades out







Jim Carrey: I watched the effects of my father’s love and humor, and it altered the world around me, and I thought, that’s something to do. That's worth my time.



NVA: From GCE Chicago High School, this is NVA, today we are going to be talking about the famous Jim Carrey. Jim Carrey is a comedian that became very famous in the 20th century, from doing In Living Color, Liar Liar, Truman Show etc. Now let me talk about what I think of him first, then we will see what someone else thinks about him. While I am talking, please think of what you think abou him. Is he just a goof? And afterwards did anything about your view of him change? For me Jim Carrey has always been this person that can make me smile. When I am feeling down, or need some reason just to smile, I would turn to him. Watching so many movies he is in. Going on Youtube and looking at his funniest moments from various movies, interviews, and impressions.

Jim Carrey: You love me, you really love me!


NVA: I learned something when I stumbled upon a video. Jim Carrey is very inspiring, and wants people to just do what makes them happy, and spread that happiness through what they love to do. Many people view him as a guy just acts crazy and loud, I see him as someone that wants to just make your day better in any way possible.

Jim Carrey: The purpose of my life has been to always free people from concern.

NVA: So today we have M.A. with us and she has been able to see his comedic genius grow throughout the years. And so, I want to ask you what has been like to see this progression and how has he changed the comedic scene?

Jim Carrey: Hold on I got to warm up, I don’t wan’t to pull a hammy!


MA: Well, Jim Carrey started out in a TV show called in Living Color and he was just kind of a stand-in. He was not one of the A-list, and he quickly rose to stardom with his impressions and rubbery face. One the things about Jim Carrey however, is that he really is a comedic genius. In order to be a comedian you have to be quite smart, you have to be able to ingest the news, ingest what’s going on in the world/worldwide. So you can relate comedy to it. Jim Carrey, thought most of his movies he does play kind of a goofy guy, I don’t think he has written any of those movies but he may have. He may be typecast- ed as this goofy guy but in reality he is brilliant and really comes off making the movies moe in depth and inspiring for people. Even the Cable Guy, which really is.. I thought it was a funny movie, it kind of taught you something about people at the end; and I think that’s something Jim Carrey brings into his movies.

NVA: So he can make society a little more relatable for you, in his comedic genius?



MA: Yes, Jim Carrey comes off as a goof but in reality he tries to inspire, the youth, by sending them messages in some of his Ted Talks and different podcasts about how life is short and you need to do what makes you happy and strive for excellence.

Jim Carrey: My soul is not contained with the limits of my body, my body is contained with the limitless of my soul.


NVA: Alright thank you MA and thank you for everyone that listened, I hope you enjoyed this!


Jim Carrey: Okay I'm gone! Taking off! See ya… bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment