Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Directing My Life

In unit 1 of my STEAM class Economics, we learned about opportunity cost and how everything has a price: your time, your choices, and your passions. It was heavily filled with concepts of how people think and incentives. From a math point of view we went over calculating interest, such as compounding or continuously; another thing we touched on was matrices and how they work. One big thing we looked over was Supply and Demand and how a graph of that works. For FEs, we went to the Federal Reserve Bank to talk about how they work, and how they really control the economy. For our action project we had to pick a future job and think about two routes to get there, and make a presentation about all the costs that go into it. The career I chose was a film director, because it is something I have always wanted to do. The purpose of this was really to help us map out our future using what we learned. It wasn't just for a project, this helped us a lot in mapping out our lives. My main challenges were getting the correct information and how to put it all together. I am the most proud of getting to finish it on time, and using my time productively when doing this. Below is a Soundcloud of me explaining my two routes and below that my presentation, thank you!


No comments:

Post a Comment