Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

One Man Army

In unit 3 of Policy we learned about what the judicial branch is, who it consists of, and the powers it can hold. We focused mainly on the Supreme Court and its involvement in the the checks and balances of the three branches. Also we reviewed Supreme Court cases and how they all challenge what the Constitution states. For the action project we had to choose a Supreme Court case and make a presentation on it, which consists of the historical context, looking at both sides of the argument, and if we think it was just or unjust. I chose research the Korematsu v. United States (1944), which had to deal with Japanese Americans being put in internment camps. I decided to this case, because when reading about it, it challenged me to think if it was just or unjust. Something I enjoyed about this action project is that it is in presentation form, whereas the previous action projects have been essays. A challenge I faced was being able to pick a case, because there are so many that it can be hard to find one that interests you. I hope you like reading about Korematsu v. United States!

No comments:

Post a Comment