Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Dream Catcher's Purpose

In my Who Am I class, everyone had to make a dream catcher that would symbolize the positive and negative elements that are filtered out by a dream catcher. The purpose of this is to see what messages the unconscious sends us and to see how we can symbolize our bliss. The challenge was picking the the items that would symbolize the different elements. The fun thing about this was getting to chose how I wanted the dream catcher to be made and I didn't have to follow instructions.

                                                       NVA, "Dream Catcher" 2-20-14. Chicago

The dream I based my dream catcher  off of was a dream that I had when I was younger. I was in my house and this man with a mask banged on my window and I ran to my room, while he was breaking the door open. Then he opened up the closet where I was hiding in my room and I pushed him, then ran. It went dark and I showed up at a friend's house and the man had them all tied up. Then I woke up. From that dreamed I learned that I need to face my fear of men that are stronger than me and stand up for myself more. If I would have stood up for myself before the dream, then I would not have had those dreams. The middle of a dream catcher symbolizes someone's bliss or what means the most to them. My bliss is that I want to have adventures and travel the world. To symbolize this I used yellow beads to symbolize this bliss and I made it my "creator" for this dream catcher, I made the beads in a circle so that they can pass by easily. I want my good dreams to head for the white string so that it knows where to go. The beads that are hanging are used to filter out the bad dreams, I used green string to attract them and turn them in good dreams. The green string will symbolize good and wash away the evil. The three blue lines on the outside symbolize the people that were tied up in the dream. The skulls on the catcher means "death" to the bad dreams. Under the skulls are the feathers, which are peacock feathers. I used them because it looks like they have eyes. I want those eyes to look over me while I'm sleeping. I want my real bliss to come to me and not let the ego get through. I know that every dream has a message from the unconscious, I want my unconscious to help me reach my bliss. If I use this dream catcher, then I may be able to reach my bliss and do something meaningful in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment