Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

COAL STATS

In my Fuel class, we were studying nonrenewable resources and how they are used and  extracted from the ground. We are also studying the molecular structure behind the resource, and what that means for it's physical and chemical properties. Each student was able to pick one with a partner. My partner and I chose Coal, because of how much it is used today and how much of it was used in the past. I found in my research that 1/3 of coal is found in the US and is mostly used for electricity. The purpose was to see how much of are nonrenewable resource is left on he earth and how fast we could run out. One challenge that I had was finding 2013-14 stats on coal, because many sites didn't update there websites. What I learned was how to read graphs and stats better than before, also how to research worldwide stats.
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment