Pages

Thursday, January 16, 2014

I Believe in Adventure

In my new class Who am I, I had to create a podcast on what I believe in the most. I chose Adventure because of how much it means to me. The purpose of this was to see what truth meant to us and to see how we interpreted it through what we believe in. What I learned was that writing about what you care for can help you live a dream better. The only challenge was finding how I could put my feeling in to words and still make sound inspiring.







 Have you had a memory of a great new adventure that sticks in your mind and you just smile every time you think of it? I remember watching Forrest Gump for the first time and being amazed by his eventful life. He fought in the war, meeting new people and experiencing new things, then got great at ping pong during his recovery in the hospital and ran for 3 years straight across the country. It was truly inspiring.

I was inspired to create such eventful moments throughout my life and thought of my future. I imagined what it would like to work behind a desk and I came to the realization. I believe in Adventure. I had an adventure in the 5th grade. I went on a family trip to Arizona where me and all my family members visited different Native American reserves. Another thing that made it a true adventure was that I got see my family that I never see, which made it heart warming to just have fun and go to the movies. Adventure isn’t always about the exploring, relaxing is a huge part of it. Aren't you amazed by the freedom and openness you can experience when you travel? From then I have always wanted to travel the around the world, like Greece meeting new people and seeing the culture and Bulgaria were I was adopted and like to find my birth parents, that is my one adventure that I will make happen.

I didn't always think this way, when I was younger I was taught that sitting behind a desk and having a good paying job is the most important thing. I wondered how people could live a life full of adventures. I always watched my dad being stressed from work and my mom being tired from work. They both worked very hard to provide for the family. Then I started to think of ways people didn’t need to just look forward to one vacation. Before the Arizona trip I read Robin Hood, my first adventure book and from then on I longed to have my own adventure. Then I heard about the Arizona trip and couldn't stand to wait to experience my first own true adventure. Then the trip showed me what it felt like to be in my adventure and I knew that I would not spend all my life behind a desk. 

So go live your dreams and don't bury them and wonder what could have been go live your adventure whether it be climbing mount Everest, Finding the one and living your life them, or traveling to every country, make your life count we only live once!


Nattu "Traveling to Maldives" Oct 12, 2008. Maldives.

No comments:

Post a Comment