Pages

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Greek Films

For community service I have been working for the Greek FilmHellenes as a helper in any event that they have going on. The Greek FilmsHellenes is a group of Greek people that help independent filmmakers that are Greek. They do this by getting a collection of films, selecting what they see best and showcasing it at the Skokie Theater. My role was to help around with any events. That included; helpingset up and promote the organization at other Greek events. Each year at Navy Pier they hold an events called, "Neighborhoods of the World" this is for Greek artists, businesses, and resturants to showcase what they have for the public. At this event I took pictures and directed the public to see if they wanted to make a quick video to submit so they could earn free tickets to the Skokie Theater showcasing. Also, each year there is a Greek parade which celebrates Greek independence. During that event I walk with the Greek FilmHellenes and hold up signs to show my pride as a Greek person. 
NVA. "Greek FilmHellenes." 2015. 

From this experience I have learned a lot, in showing pride for a community, how to run a non-for-profit, and how certain films will be judged. I am someone that wants to be a filmmaker and this shed light on what people really like in films and what they don't. I will contunue to help out this organization and hopefully be a full on member one day. I was, from working with them for so long, considered to be a leader in a youth program they are thinking of starting up. This would be for young people, probably in the teens, that want to be filmmakers of their own.

No comments:

Post a Comment