Pages

Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Creative Genius

For unit 1 of my new class called Five Faces of Genius, we learned about creativity and genius, as well as how similar/different they are. We also made a wall of pictures of people and things we find creative and or a genius; throughout the class we added to it after doing different assignments. For the action project we had to take people from the wall we made and find 3 patterns that connect them and with each pattern we had to identify 3 people that fit  those patterns. Next we had to pick a genius from that wall and explain why they might be considered  a genius or why they are creative. Last we had to talk about our creative side and what we find challenging in the world. The challenging part of this action project was finding the connections between different geniuses. The purpose of this project was to explore various creative people and what they do that makes them a creative person or a genius. Hope you enjoy reading about creativity!

Now creativity can’t be truly defined, but it will always be with us no matter what you do; anything can make you a creative person . Now I see three patterns that show up in diverse creative people or geniuses. First, they will make Childhood Influence (Seth MacFarlane, Eminem, Michael Jackson). I think that everything that someone becomes is because of what happened in their childhood; it affects all of our lives. With Seth, it is that he uses places that he has grown up around in his shows (Seth MacFarlane Bio) . With Eminem, he will always make music about his life from the past and how it affected him. With Michael, his dad always pushed him to be the best and he pushed himself to do better and he never forgot that and made everything he has made because of his childhood. Second, many geniuses have an English background (J.K. Rowling, E.L. James, Naomi Campbell). I think that is important, because the UK is very rich in art and they can affect people around them in various ways. This goes back to what I was saying earlier that where we grow up affects us and the UK can add a lot of influence, with all of its rich culture and I think that it’s strong foundation in the arts can lead to more geniuses (E.L. James Bio). Third, several geniuses grew up in a big city (Chance the Rapper, Kanye West, Flying Lotus). I think that a big city can make anyone into a creative person, because of what it has to offer to people, like all the different art works and styles that can inspire people.

3099152256_7f1bd48175_o.jpg
“JKRowling Tales of Beedle the Bard” 2008. Internet: Flickr.

J.K. Rowling is the author of the Harry Potter series, and she is a very smart and creative person. She is a very talented writer that can make so many creative ideas, with her work she is very influential, and she is a hard worker that never gives up when there is an obstacle. She did have some obstacles before she was writer but if they had never happened she might have never written the books that so many people love. First of all she got divorced which put her in a dark place and then she had to take care of her daughter Jessica. Doing this alone she struggled with welfare and being able to provide for her daughter. The Harry Potter books are the only thing that kept her motivated and then the first three books, Sorcerers Stone, Chamber of Secrets, and Prisoner of Azkaban, all made her rich in three years. (1)

When it comes to my creative side, there are three things that could make a creative genius: I am a fast thinker, I can pick up lessons really quick, and I am very good with math. Now some things that can be problematic for me are that I have a tendency to think past my limit of resources, so I am often faced with having to change my idea. Now, because I can pick up on things easily and am a fast thinker, I usually think of another good idea that is sometimes better than what I originally had because the lack of resources make it more fun and creative. In an interview I was doing Maria Beniaris said, “Always look at something with a deeper meaning and not for what it is.” I use this quote to help me think of better ways to do something and be more creative with an artistic point of view. Something that our world is faced with today is focusing on matters that don’t need tending to. For example, we are not taking care of our Earth at all, by dumping so much garbage, polluting the air affecting the ozone layer and so on. I think because I can pick up on things fast I would be able to learn a few things that have to do with the environment and then use what I have learned to think of a way to get children aware of what is happening so that in the future we could use our technology to fix everything. From this idea, we would have a cleaner Earth and a good way to get rid of things without ruining our planet.  


References:
J.K. Rowling Biography”, n.p. Bio. n.d. (1)
E.L. James Biography” n.p. Bio. n.d. (2)
Seth Macfarlane Biography” n.p. Bio n.d. (3)

Beniaris, Maria. 2014. Personal Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment